1. Who are we?
1.1 Data controller
The following information is provided so that you may be aware of the commitments regarding the protection of personal data of BLUE OCEAN ENTREPRENEURS, which acts as data controller for the processing of personal data referred to in this document.
2. Personal data we process
2.1 Personal data
In the context of personal data processing, BLUE OCEAN ENTREPRENEURS collects and processes the following categories of data in particular:
- your identification data: your title, your first and last names;
- your contact details: your postal address, your landline and mobile phone number, your email address;
- data relating to the services ordered: date of the invoice, invoice number, range of services concerned;
- certain marketing information (e.g. your registration date, date of your last visit, your request history, your browsing history).
We may collect personal data including:
- via our website;
- through service orders placed;
- via social media and brand communication channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter);
- or when you give them to us voluntarily, such as for our loyalty and warranty tracking program.
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your browser when you visit our site, subject to your browser settings, and which will be used to recognize your terminal when you connect to our site in order to:
- to establish statistics and count the number of visitors and use of the various sections and contents of our site in order to carry out studies to improve the content;
- to tailor advertising content to your interests and, possibly, your location, which result from your terminal’s browsing data among the sections of our site without us having any personal data allowing us to identify you or contact you directly.
Third party cookies
When you access our site, one or more cookies from partner companies (“third-party cookies”) may be placed on your terminal. The purpose of these third-party cookies is to identify your centres of interest through the products consulted on our site and to collect browsing data in order to personalise the advertising offer sent to you outside our sites.
We ensure that our partner companies agree to process the information collected on our sites in compliance with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 and undertake to implement appropriate measures to secure and protect the confidentiality of data.
Cookies embedded in third-party applications on our site
We may include a third-party computer application in some of the features of our site that allows content to be shared by users of our site, such as the Facebook “Share” or “Like” buttons, or the “Twitter”, “LinkedIn”, etc. buttons.
The social network providing the application is likely to identify you thanks to its own cookies, even if you did not use its buttons when visiting our site, simply because you are connected to your user account on your terminal with the social network concerned.
We have no control over the process used by social networks to collect this information and invite you to consult their privacy policies.
3. Purposes and legal bases of our data processing
3.1 Purposes of our processing
The processing that we carry out is done for the following purposes:
- the management and follow-up of requests for information made by Internet users and the answers to them;
- application management;
- management and follow-up of requests for quotations;
- management and follow-up of invoicing and payments;
- customer service management;
- reporting of site accesses;
- measuring quality, satisfaction and attendance;
- registration to the newsletter and commercial prospecting.
3.2 Legal basis for our processing
We only process data if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- your consent to the processing operations has been obtained;
- the existence of a legitimate interest on our part, or on the part of a third party, which justifies our carrying out the processing of personal data concerned;
- the performance of a contract between you and us requires us to process the personal data concerned;
- we are bound by legal and regulatory obligations that require the processing of personal data.
4. The recipients of your data
The personal data we collect, as well as those collected subsequently, are intended for us as the data controller, as well as for our partners, subject to having obtained your consent.
We make sure that only authorized persons have access to this data. Our service providers may receive this data in order to carry out the services we entrust to them. Certain personal data may be sent to third parties or to legally authorized authorities in order to meet our legal, regulatory or contractual obligations.
It may be communicated to these entities for the purposes mentioned herein. These operations are carried out on the basis of instruments that comply with the applicable regulations and are suitable for ensuring the protection and respect of your rights.
In addition, your data may be shared with our partners for the sole purpose of fulfilling orders.
5. Transfers of your data
We transfer your personal data to processors located outside the European Union.
As some of these service providers may be established outside the European Union in countries that do not ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data, the resulting cross-border data flows are subject to appropriate safeguards:
- Privacy Shield data recipients
- conclusion of contractual clauses with the recipient organisations in accordance with the models proposed and validated by the European Commission.
A copy of the reference documents referred to in this paragraph may be obtained from the contact person mentioned below.
6. Data retention periods
The retention periods we apply to your personal data are proportionate to the purposes for which they were collected. Accordingly, we organise our data retention policy for the strict duration necessary for processing, in accordance with our retention period policy.
7. Your rights
7.1 Your right to information
You acknowledge that this policy informs you of the purposes, legal framework, interests, recipients or categories of recipients with whom your personal data is shared.
In addition to this information and in order to ensure fair and transparent processing of your data, you declare that you have received additional information concerning:
- how long your personal data will be kept;
- the existence of the rights recognized for your benefit and the terms and conditions of their exercise.
If we decide to process data for purposes other than those indicated, you will be given all the information relating to these new purposes.
7.2 Your right to access and rectify your data
You have the right to access and rectify your personal data.
As such, you have confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed and, if so, you have access to your data and information about:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- recipients or categories of recipients;
- where possible, the period of time for which the personal data are to be retained or, where this is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to ask the data controller to rectify or erase your personal data, the right to request a limitation of the processing of your personal data, the right to portability of your data, the right to object to the processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- information on the source of the data when it is not collected directly from the data subject;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and in the latter case, relevant information about the underlying logic, as well as the significance and the intended consequences of such processing for the data subjects.
You can ask us to rectify or complete your personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous or out of date.
7.3 Your right to have your data deleted
You may request that we delete your personal data where any of the following reasons apply:
- the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw the consent previously given;
- you object to the processing of your personal data when there is no legal ground for such processing;
- the processing of personal data does not comply with the provisions of the applicable laws and regulations;
- Your personal data has been collected in the context of offering information society services to children under the age of 16.
Nevertheless, the exercise of this right will not be possible when the conservation of your personal data is necessary with regard to the legislation or the regulation and in particular for example for the establishment, the exercise or the defense of legal rights.
7.4 Your right to limit data processing
You may request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in the cases provided for by the legislation and regulations.
7.5 Your right to object to data processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the controller.
7.6 Your right to the portability of your data
As of 25 May 2018, you will have the right to portability of your personal data.
The data on which this right can be exercised are:
- only your personal data, which excludes anonymized personal data or data that does not concern you;
- the declarative personal data as well as the personal operating data mentioned above;
- personal data that does not infringe on the rights and freedoms of third parties such as those protected by business secrecy.
This right is limited to processing based on consent or contract and to personal data that you have personally generated.
This right does not include derived or inferred data, which are personal data created by BLUE OCEAN ENTREPRENEURS.
7.7 Your right to withdraw your consent
Where the processing of data by us is based on your consent, you may withdraw it at any time. We will then stop processing your personal data without affecting the previous operations to which you have consented.
7.8 Your right to appeal
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Cnil on French territory, without prejudice to any other administrative or legal remedy.
7.9 Your Right to Set Post-Mortem Instructions
You have the ability to set up instructions for the retention, deletion and disclosure of your personal data after your death with a trusted, certified third party who is responsible for carrying out the wishes of the deceased in accordance with the requirements of the applicable legal framework.
7.10 How to exercise your rights
Regarding the data collected through the contact form: the rights can be exercised directly with us at the following email address: email@example.com
The security of personal data is important to BLUE OCEAN ENTREPRENEURS.
In accordance with legal obligations, BLUE OCEAN ENTREPRENEURS keeps this information in reinforced security conditions and for a limited period of time proportional to the purposes for which you have communicated it to us.
BLUE OCEAN ENTREPRENEURS follows generally accepted standards to protect personal data submitted to it, both at the time of transmission and once BLUE OCEAN ENTREPRENEURS receives it.
This policy may be modified or amended at any time by BLUE OCEAN ENTREPRENEURS. You are invited to consult it regularly. Last modification: 29/09/2021.